Yield: 6 servings
|Field Roast Signature Stadium Hot Dogs||6 each|
|Hot Dog Buns||6 each|
|BBQ Sauce||½ cup|
|Carrots, shredded||1 cup|
|Red Cabbage, thinly sliced||1 cup|
|Plant-Based Mayo||½ cup|
|Rice Vinegar||3 Tbsp.|
|White Onion, large, thinly sliced||½ each|
|Almond Milk||½ cup|
|Salt and Pepper||To taste|
|Canola Oil||1 cup|
- For the Tangy Slaw, in a medium bowl, mix together all the slaw ingredients; cover and let rest in refrigerator.
- For the Fried Onions, toss onions in almond milk; set aside. In a separate bowl, mix flour, salt and pepper. Remove onions from milk and dredge in flour mixture. Remove from flour shaking off any extra.
- Add oil to a medium pan over medium-high heat. Once heated to 375ºF, carefully place dredged onions into hot oil for 2-3 minutes per side or once golden brown. Remove and place on a towel lined plate.
- In a pan over medium heat, add oil and Signature Stadium Hot Dogs; cook for 3-4 minutes, turning regularly, until heated throughout.
- Toast buns as desired.
- To assemble, spread BBQ sauce on each side of the bun, add the Hot Dog, Tangy Slaw and Fried Onions.