Yield: 8 servings
|Safflower oil, divided||½ cup|
|Yellow onion, diced to ½” pieces||1 each|
|Carrot, peeled, diced to ½” pieces||1 each|
|Red bell pepper, diced to ½” pieces||1 each|
|Chili powder||2 Tbsp.|
|Pasilla chile, fresh||1 each|
|Habanero peppers||2 each|
|Field Roast Spicy Mexican Chipotle Sausage Crumble||¾ lb.|
|Balsamic vinegar||2 Tbsp.|
|Yam, peeled, diced to ½” pieces||1 each|
|Sea salt||2 Tbsp.|
|Black beans, drained, rinsed||15 oz.|
|Pinto beans, drained, rinsed||15 oz.|
|Crushed tomatoes||15 oz.|
|Diced tomatoes||15 oz.|
|Vegetable stock||3 cups|
|Corn kernels||1 cup|
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- In a stock pot over medium heat, add 2 Tbsp. oil, onion, carrot, bell pepper, cumin and chili powder; cook until vegetables begin to soften.
- Toss pasilla and habanero peppers with 2 Tbsp. oil and garlic; roast in oven for 15-20 minutes or until garlic is fully roasted. Remove from oven; rough chop before adding to pot.
- Add the Spicy Mexican Chipotle Sausage Crumble and balsamic vinegar to pot; reduce to low-medium heat, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Toss yams in 4 Tbsp. oil and salt; place on sheet pan and roast in oven for 30 minutes or until soft.
- Add beans, tomatoes and stock to the pot; raise heat to medium. Allow chili to simmer 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add roasted yams and corn; adjust salt to taste before serving.