Yield: 4 servings
|Vegetable stock||3-½ cups|
|Olive oil||¼ cup|
|Yellow onion||1 each|
|Garlic, peeled and minced||5 cloves|
|Carrots, peeled, ¼” slices||2 each|
|Saffron threads||1 pinch|
|Smoked paprika||2 tsp.|
|Yellow bell pepper, cut into strips||1 each|
|Red bell pepper, cut into strips||1 each|
|King trumpet mushrooms, stems cut into ¾” rounds, tops sliced||3 each|
|White wine||½ cup|
|Sea salt||1-½ Tbsp.|
|Arborio rice||1-½ cups|
|Field Roast Spicy Mexican Chipotle Sausage Links||2 each|
|Vine tomatoes, sliced in half||3 each|
|Black pepper||1 tsp.|
|English peas||1 cup|
|Lemon, wedged||1 each|
- In a pan over high heat, bring stock to a boil, then reduce heat to low.
- In a medium-sized paella pan or large skillet over medium heat, add oil, onion, garlic, carrot, saffron and smoked paprika. Sauté mixture, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes. Add peppers, mushroom tops, wine, salt and rice. Stir to combine and sauté for another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour stock over rice and increase heat to high. Bring rice to a boil, then reduce heat to low, while stirring. Cover pan with foil and allow rice to cook over low heat for 18 minutes, then turn heat off. Leaving foil on the pan, allow rice to steam with no heat for another 15 minutes.
- While rice is cooking, brush sausage, mushroom stem rounds and tomatoes with oil, top with salt and pepper; grill over high heat. Tomatoes will take about 5 minutes and should only be grilled on the flat side. Sausage and mushrooms will take about 8 minutes, turning halfway through. Slice sausage and cut tomatoes into quarters.
- Remove cover from paella; arrange sausage, mushrooms and tomatoes on top. Garnish with parsley, peas and lemon wedges.