Yield: 4 servings
|Orange jam or marmalade||⅔ cup|
|Rice vinegar||⅓ cup|
|Garlic, minced||3 cloves|
|Field Roast FieldBurger, chunked||4 each|
|Safflower oil||⅓ cup|
|Yellow onion, sliced in ½ moons||1 each|
|Broccoli, cut into bite-size florets||2 crowns|
|Thai chiles, dried||12 each|
|Green onion, feathered||4 stalks|
- In a saucepan over low-medium heat, whisk together orange jam, vinegar, garlic and tamari. Once combined, reduce heat to low and let simmer for 2 minutes. Remove from heat; set aside.
- In a deep fryer, heat oil to 375°F.
- Toss FieldBurger chunks in cornstarch to thoroughly coat; fry for 4 minutes or until meat is crispy on the outside. Remove from fryer and add to orange sauce; toss to coat.
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, add safflower oil and onions, allowing onions to sweat.
- Add broccoli and chiles; cover to let broccoli steam for 2-3 minutes.
- Add meat to vegetable mixture; serve over rice and garnish with green onions.