Yield: 4 servings
|Field Roast Smoked Apple & Sage Sausage Links, crumbled||2 each|
|Creamy Original Chao Slices||5 slices|
|Avocado Oil||1 tsp.|
|Green Onion, chopped||1 stalk|
|Yellow Potatoes||3 lb.|
|Avocado Oil||2 Tbsp.|
|Pink Himalayan Salt||¼ tsp.|
|Plant-Based Butter||1 Tbsp.|
|Onion, finely chopped||1 cup|
|Garlic, minced||1 clove|
|Cremini Mushrooms, sliced||½ lb.|
|Nutritional Yeast||1 Tbsp.|
|Low Sodium Vegetable Stock||1-½ cups|
|Pink Himalayan Salt and Pepper||To taste|
- For the Oven-Baked Fries, cut potatoes into evenly sized sticks and soak in a large bowl with cold water for 1-2 hours. Rinse, pat dry. Preheat oven to 400ºF. In a large mixing bowl, add the potatoes, oil and salt; toss to coat. Spread potatoes on large baking sheets lined with parchment paper; bake for 45 minutes or until lightly golden and crispy. Toss or flip 2-3 times to ensure an even bake.
- For the Mushroom Gravy, in a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. Add onion, garlic and a pinch of salt; sauté for 5 minutes or until soft, stirring often. Add mushrooms and sauté for 8 minutes. Stir in nutritional yeast and flour to evenly coat. Stir in vegetable stock and tamari, breaking down any clumps. Allow gravy to cook on medium-low heat, stirring often, until thickens. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small skillet over medium heat, add oil and crumbled Smoked Apple & Sage Sausage Links; sauté for 2-3 minutes or until lightly golden and heated throughout.
- Keeping the 5 slices of Chao stacked together, cut into approximately 24 squares to mimic the size of a cheese curd. Do not pull them apart.
- Layer all ingredients on the baking sheet starting with the Oven-Baked Fries on the bottom. Add ¾ of the Mushroom Gravy, reserving the remainder for serving. Top with Chao and crumbled Sausage. Bake for up to 20 minutes or until the Chao has softened, but not completely melted. Add reserved Mushroom Gravy; garnish with green onion.