Yield: 4 servings
|Balsamic vinegar||⅓ cup|
|Rosemary, fresh||1 sprig|
|Dill, fresh, stems removed||¼ cup|
|Oregano, fresh, stems removed||1 Tbsp.|
|Basil, fresh, stems removed||½ Tbsp.|
|Olive oil||⅓ cup|
|Field Roast Italian Sausage Links||3 each|
|Crusty artisan bread||8 oz.|
|Cherry tomatoes||8 oz.|
- Place balsamic vinegar and rosemary in a saucepan over low-medium heat. Allow to reduce to about ¼ cup in volume, then remove from heat; strain. Monitor carefully as it will evaporate quickly.
- In a blender, add remaining herbs, garlic and olive oil. Process until smooth and green; set aside.
- Slice sausages on the bias into ¾” thick pieces.
- Tear or cut bread into ¾-1” cubes.
- Assemble skewers with tomato, sausage and bread to finish.
- Preheat grill or grill pan to medium.
- Before grilling, drizzle a small amount of olive oil over the bread cube.
- Grill skewer on two sides until slightly charred.
- Drizzle a small amount of herb oil blend on a plate, top with skewers and finish with a drizzle of herb oil blend and balsamic reduction; serve immediately.